Finally, once your comparative advantages have been clarified, your USPs are nothing more than a rephrasing of your comparative advantage from the perspective of your customers or their end-users. Explain how your product offering creates value for them. Do you know companies that you can associate with one or more of the USPs below? Give it a try:
- the fastest and best quality MP4 compression algorithm
- an ability to design “cult” products
- a wide product portfolio to serve the individual needs of micro-segments
- made-to-order capability with delivery within 48 days
- high quality products at the lowest cost
- a customer orientation that is pervasive in all areas of the company
- a cool brand that people emotionally connect with
- financial strengths that make the company resistant to external crises and guarantee financial continuity
- a top management that is widely recognised in the industry.
And so on.