Business is a creative, explorative exercise. It’s not a straight line; it is dynamic and changes over time.
What does it take to be an entrepreneur?
- Soft skills are as important as hard skills, because a business is a group of people working together, trying to meet the (changing) needs of other people (customers).
- A lot of things will happen that were not planned, a lot of things will go wrong. You need to survive 3 years. If you do, you are in business.
- It should not primarily be about making money. Money is important, but life as an entrepreneur can be really really tough. So you need to be passionate about what you do, to keep going, create new products and win happy customers.
- You need to create options along the way (‘side projects’). And occasionally cannibalise your products – because if you don’t, others will. Don’t fall into the innovator’s dilemma trap.
- You need to manage your risks.
It’s actually quite simple when you understand how it works. And it’s fun!
Beyond what you can learn on this web site, as well as in our seminars, you will also learn a lot of things by trying it for yourself! Even if it does not work for you, you will become a different person in the process. And you won’t regret it – well, unless you have made big mistakes and lost a lot of money which you did not plan to lose.